Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Craving Heat


Life feels bland sometimes.

Grey. Tasteless.

So many "jalapenos", with so little heat that they literally made me cry from boredom. We needed to do something to shake me from this drab heatless life.

So we canned, we pickled in fact. Spicy pickles, carrots and onions. The house smelled like cider vinegar (These days I use so many apple byproducts one would think I run an orchard. I don't. But I would if you asked me to.) and chiles for hours. I fell hopeful that the result in one month will be a mouth smacking sour heat that causes tears to purge from my eyes and snot to run from my nose.

Here is what I HOPE they taste like - in full color:

Here is the most adorable pair of pickle partners a lady could ask for:

SUMMER... I SUMMON YOU HERE MY LOVE

1 comment:

  1. i want to read about and see pictures of donuts. new posts please!

    ReplyDelete