Saturday, December 25, 2010

banana bread


banana bread, originally uploaded by nee-cole.

People know what I want to do - my customers at the coffee shop know that my goal is to have my own shop someday and often ask me where I am with 'that'. I think its thoughtful that they ask and show interest in our dreams - and so for Christmas this year I gifted the select few customers who inquire and dream with me some tasty Banana Bread - starting with the Tartine recipe for Banana Bread with Dates and Walnuts I made a few tweaks and additions and ended up with these rustic and moist loaves.
Wrapped them in cellophane and sealed with a gold owl - people were very happy with the results. Making banana bread always reminds me of two people - My mom who loved to bake this when I was a kid; My old chef Miho - who is not old, but very young, and went through a banana bread phase the year I worked with her at Fraiche Culver City.

No comments:

Post a Comment