Saturday, December 25, 2010

the pies of 2010


pecan pie, originally uploaded by nee-cole.

Few things give me great pride and joy - pie crust is one of those things. I could spend hours making crust after crust - seeing the marbling of fat and flour, chilling it, rolling it, shaping it. I love to see the layers come from the oven and show their crispy ruffles to the world.
This year I baked many pies for customers, and on Christmas morning packed them all in boxes and delivered them myself. One house was smack in the middle of opening presents, and a little boy came to the door in his pj's and yelled "MOM THE PIES ARE HERE WOOHOO!!!!!!!"
Quite possibly the best reaction to a pie yet - I am smiling now thinking of his screaming voice and pj'd feet running back to the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment