Saturday, December 25, 2010

pecan caramels


pecan caramels, originally uploaded by nee-cole.

These Pecan Caramels are another gift for my favorite customers - and also another Chef Miho inspiration. I made the recipe my own by omitting the corn syrup - which I think has little flavor benefits and just grosses me out in general - and subbing PURE cane syrup - dark and delicious. They had a depth of flavor not normally found in your standard caramel and the color is so rich and brown. A perfect substitution.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    Your baked goods look divine. Next year I hope you post more of your stuff and that I make favorite customer status.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, the caramel was unnoticed until seen and eaten... wow. no- that's not it.... umhhh W.O.Ow? Awsuuummm

    ReplyDelete