Monday, January 10, 2011

On A Clear Day - A cookie

    
This kind of a day.

Quiet, a Monday. Perfectly clear and warm.

Buster and I spent the morning ambling about the neighborhood, sniffing at trash cans (him) and looking over fences (me).

I was thinking about how to drag moments out - how to make this Monday morning roll into forever.

Most people hate Mondays. For me its a day to sleep in, to spend the morning in bed long after Blaine has gone - and hold Buster until ten or so. We spend some time sunning ourselves on the porch and then we take an epic, slow, walk around the streets together.

I get to spend quality time on Mondays enjoying snacks and lunches with people I like, or alone - which I usually like just as much. I get to revel in a cookie made for a Monday:


I call this cookie THEO, after its main ingredient - theobromine. It's Monday perfect, consoling and rich at the same time. It's like a brownie, but in my opinion brownies are for Saturday nights - so it's not like a brownie. It's better, can't explain how you'd just have to trust me.

No, I did not eat all three of them. Not in one sitting at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment